Sunday, 13 April 2008

TWO MARQUEES IN EALING.......

have a stinking headache. I won't deny it. Hardly surprising when stayed up all night drinking champagne and, inevitably, singing maudlin tunes at 6am ( Blood Brothers and The Beatles) before heading off to 5-hour oblivion and then the bus home ( don't do it) .10 years separate the 40th and 50th birthday marquees of a very dear friend who through no fault of her own ( she married a rich man) is very wealthy. But let me tell you that all the money in the world does not make up for values and intelligence and if you haven't got either then forget it. It was interesting that those of us still leaping around at 5am were the less posh lot who had come up from the north. Clearly we have more stamina.
Less of us than 10 years ago, all of us utterly disillusioned with New Labour. Wonder where we all be when we're 60...... and will someone stop me cadging fags when I am drunk.
PS: Met someone who said last time he saw me (ie 1998) I had ben banging on about how bad Blair was. Sort of cheered me up.... more politically sound than I remembered

No comments: