Gordon, according to the Sunday Mirror, is set to clamp down on rebels. I have sensed and will not be remotely surprised if the leadership resorts once more to witch-hunting and kicking people out of the Party. Such stories make me deeply pissed off, angry and determined not to leave But last night, I spent some time trying to persuade a young woman who two years ago was seriously enthused about the chance for change in Labour ie a leadership CONTEST with a socialist candidate NOT to leave. Frankly , who can blame her. It just gets worse and worse.....
Sunday, 6 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We've started getting a few 'I'm leaving and never voting Labour again' messages for the first time since the immediate aftermath of Iraq. Over the tax thing. It's a worry.
I am so angry. I'm only 20, I joined the party 3 years ago, in spite of Iraq, rising inequality, the failures on council housing and all the rest. But I never thought I live to see the day a Labour government would explicitly choose to make the poor suffer rather than add a few pence to the tax on the rich. I know it's been implicit for ages, but to actually hurt the people who need it most so blatantly - it's just stomach-turning. I really don't know what to do...I want to stay, because I'm proud of my Labour heritage and values, but I just feel no conection whatsoever to the people making these policies. What's going to happen when we're in opposition? How the hell can we oppose inequality and poverty when we've spent 10 years doing FA about it?
Don't click the link above, its spam,
btw, however, awful this tax rate thing is, the Gov't welfare reforms are going to have much more deleterious affect on hundreds of thousands of people. JM had a EDM which is signed by 27 M.P's including Vince Cable about them , yet the media are not calling it a rebellion as they are over the tax issues. So when is a rebellion a rebellion, is it when the media says so?
Have deleted the spam...if you see it again don't click as it's porn......
I have similar problems. I tend to disagree with everything this current regime is doing, contrary to old Labour values which I hold dear to my heart. What is one to do?
Post a Comment