At computer after tiring 24 hours involving 400-mile round trips to London for LRC meeting, dashing back for First Holy Communion party ( bizarre I know!)and back home.
In meantime spent late night time at Midland Hotel in Manchester arguing toss with partner of one of my oldest friends about why he can't duck out of votiing for someone in London elections. His argument was "let's give Brown bloody nose." My argument? If you don't vote, you are trashing the aspirations and ideals not just of Ken Livingstone but more importantly the thousands of councillors across the country who still subscribe to Labour values. The problem? Many do not understand the difference between the Party ( in utter despair) and this wretched non-Labour Government. I can argue till I'm blue in face in favour of the principled people I know but people are not buying it........
Sunday, 27 April 2008
A WEEK IS A LONG TIME IN POLITICS.......
Posted by
susan press
at
23:36
Labels: local elections. New Labour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Not to mention that staying at home is 1/20 as bad as voting for the BNP...
yeah exactly; the assembly is the using the d'hondt method of PR with a five per cent threshold. There is no wasted vote if you vote for any party to try to the BNP
Tim, Nony
I was gonna say that!
Lets wait at home until we get te ideal socialist candidate
Every one say Benn, Skargill, Bevan were brill, yet when it came to the crunch, people stood aside and let the media crush them
we talk a great fight, but unless we get out and support socialists candidates like Ken
whats the point....
we could all wait for another Karl Marx maybe
Post a Comment