Sunday, 6 April 2008

THAT SINKING SUNDAY FEELING........

Just back from Belfast after long tedious journey - flight was at 3.30pm but it's a long bus ride to airport , two trains back here. Despite the second lot of antibiotics, my horrendous chest infection is still alive and kicking and I'm going to have to return to GP ASAP. Industrial quantities of Guinness and Jameson's till ridiculous hours in the morning was possibly not the best way of dealing with it and have only self to blame for that.
We had a good turn-out for our LRC fringe meeting - overcoming unexpected time constraints to have a lively discussion. An equally lively one later on with an anarco-syndicalist NUJ member championing someone called Rudolf Rocker. I hadn't heard of him either.........Now home have to sort out what on earth am going to do for clases tomorrow. When what I really need is a day off sick....... ( casual workers of course do not get paid if they don;t turn in) Oh, well.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rudolf rocker - I sem to recall that he was an anarcho sydaclist 'leader@ (if such a term is appropriate) for a lot of workers in the East End sweated trades in eraly 1900's . I gather he edited a yiddish socilaist cum syndiclist mag. Know no more, but he must have been an interesting guy.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest that a study of Rudolf Rocker starts here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Rocker